It’s been another active week in the world of WordPress themes. We added new features to the site here at ThemeSorter, a new theme shop went online, WooThemes reached 100 themes and there are several theme giveaways to speak of—not to mention theme previews and all the new theme releases. Nice to be able to get this all on one page, huh?
- We rolled out a bunch of new features earlier this week. These new features include a more informative homepage, custom RSS feeds and e-mail subscriptions, quick links for theme demos/info and similar themes plus design/usability enhancements.
- We’ve tightened our category classifications and added a new Single Page niche.
Theme Seller News
- A brand new WordPress theme shop called Peaxl opened its doors. Currently they have one parent theme with three child themes. These are single-page freelance/portfolio type themes.
- WonderThemes founder Michael Kimb Jones was interviewed by WPMU, speaking about what makes the marketplace unique.
- WordPress founder Matt Mullenweg spoke to Theme.fm about the commercial theme market in this video interview.
- iThemes lowered prices for their classic themes by 29%. Their 12-month All Access Theme Pass is now $110 lower. Builder package pricing has also changed.
Deals and Giveaways
- Coupon for $25 Off at PremiumPress - Use coupon code SEPDISCOUNT (expires October 1, 2011)
- Get $10 Credit at MOJO Themes with New Account - They have $10,000 allotted to this promo so the first 1,000 sign-ups get it.
- Also, through September 19, MOJO Themes is giving designers $100 for accepted themes submissions to their marketplace.
- Six Revisions is having a giveaway in which 10 people will each win their choice of a WPZOOM Wordpress theme.
WordPress Theme Previews
- Preview of AgentPress 2.0 Real Estate WordPress Theme from StudioPress
- iThemes Previews Three Builder Child Themes
- A Look at DevPress’s First Restaurant Theme